The purpose of nail guns is quite different from those of other types of tools. There is no multipurpose gun available in the market. Nail guns have been invented for doing special tasks. Therefore, before buying a one, it is very crucial to know the tasks thoroughly for which it will be used.
The types are as following:
Roofing and Siding nail guns: These types of nailers are meant for the particular task such as doing siding or roofing. These types of guns have the capacity to store a huge number of nails in their storage area and are made particularly for the task at hands such as siding or roofing. These are generally coil-type.
Framing nail guns: These types of nailers are used to drive bigger (1-1/2″ to 4″) box type nails into larger pieces of wooden objects. These are quite bulky and are generally stick-type guns. There are a few coil-types nail guns available that are equipped with this feature.
Finish nail guns: These types of nailers are also known as pin or brad guns. They are made for tightening small finish-type nails into smaller pieces of objects. This type of equipment is smaller in size and lighter in weight as compared to framing guns, and they are mainly used for finishing or trimming work. These are generally stick-type.
You need to decide carefully what type of gun you require. Following are some reviews that are quite beneficial to you and which you should take into your consideration.
- A directional exhaust output. When the nails are driven into an object, air is expelled from the gun. It is really a wonderful feature of this tool, which prevents the dust produced during the process from entering your eyes and nose.
- An easy-to-use depth adjustment. Best nails guns have the facility to regulate the power with which the nail is driven in. The advantage of this adjustment is that your nail will not stick out of the surface, or sink deep inside the object. There are many nail guns that do this adjustment automatically, while there are others that can be set manually. Therefore, you can make adjustments to control the force of the nailer for better results.
- A well sized gun trigger. If you are thinking of using your gun in cold weather, you will need to put gloves on your hands. But you have to make sure that the nail gun you have bought must have a larger trigger so that you may not face any kind of inconvenience while using it with gloves on.
- If you are thinking of nailing a huge number of nails, you should consider the storing capacity of the nailer and the flexibility with which nails can be loaded into the nailer. Purchasing a tool, which suits your requirement the most, can save much of your time. However, it can waste your precious time too if you make a wrong decision.
- A swivel on the air connector to the nail gun. In order to avoid the tangling of your air hose, you need to move around frequently with your nail gun.
Finally, it is strongly recommended that you should carefully go through the reviews. You can also visit a hardware and tool store to inquire about the desired tool or do research on the internet for updated reviews. It is also a better idea to take the advice of the people who have already taken the advantage of this wonderful equipment or are still using it. In this way, you will be able to make optimum use of your hard-earned money.